Cinnamon Cake with Coconut Glaze – Gluten Free
Super luscious and dairy and gluten free – this dessert is a real crowd pleaser! It’s easier than it looks and totally worth the effort!
1 cup almond flour
½ cup arrowroot starch
4 tablespoons coconut flour
1 1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons coconut butter- Earth Balance brand
2/3 cup coconut milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 apple, grated
3 cup pecans
1 cup almond flour
8 tablespoons coconut butter, melted
5 tablespoons coconut sugar
1 tablespoons cinnamon
Pinch sea salt
2 tablespoons coconut butter
1 cup confectioner’s sugar, sifted
1 ½ tablespoon coconut milk
¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 10″x15″ inch pan or two 8″x8″ pans.
- To make topping, pulse pecans in food processor (or you can chop small by hand if you don’t have a processor) until crumbs are coarse. Add other topping ingredients and pulse until combined (if doing by hand mix well in bowl with wooden spoon). Set aside.
- Mix together almond flour, coconut sugar, baking soda and sea salt. Add coconut butter (solid, not melted) in small amounts, either pulsing in food processor or mixing in with a fork in a bowl, like making dough.
- In separate bowl mix eggs, coconut milk, vanilla and apple. Add to dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into baking dish/dishes and sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- While baking, make the glaze by melting the coconut butter in small pot, on low heat. Once it has melted remove from heat and whisk in sifted sugar until smooth, then add coconut milk and vanilla. When it has thinned out and all lumps are gone, set aside.
- After cake has cooled, drizzle with glaze to your liking using the whisk (the more glaze the sweeter it will be.)
Total cooking time: 50 minutes