Color Therapy for Better Health
Natural light is made up of a wide spectrum of colors, and the visible spectrum is represented by the colors of the rainbow. The colors of the spectrum are also the colors of the chakras (the body’s energy centers), with red being the first chakra, the center of the survival instinct at the base of the spine. Violet is the color of the crown chakra, the center of spiritual development at the top of the head.
A full spectrum of colors is healing, and some colors in the spectrum target specific problems. Find out what color heals what disorder, and promotes what important part of your self. For instance, did you know that yellow promotes the intellect? Read more:
* Red heals blood disorders, promotes vitality and creativity
* Orange heals lungs and kidneys, promotes assimilation
* Yellow heals stomach and liver, promotes intellect
* Green heals heart and hypertension, promotes unconditional love
* Blue heals thyroid and larynx, promotes self-expression
* Indigo heals eye diseases and vision, promotes psychic abilities
* Violet heals mental disorders, promotes spirituality
Adapted from Home Enlightenment: Practical, Earth-Friendly Advice for Creating a Nurturing, Healthy, and Toxin-Free Home and Lifestyle, by Annie B. Bond (Rodale Press, 2005). Copyright (c) 2005 by Annie B. Bond. Reprinted by permission of Rodale Press.
By Annie B. Bond