Crockpot Four Bean Chili
This is the easiest, laziest and cheapest recipe of all time, not to mention itís the perfect comfort food after a long cold day. How do you like your chili?
- Servings :†6-8
- Prep Time :†30m
- Cook Time :†4:0 h
- Ready In :†4:30 h
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 can diced tomatoes (OR 2 large fresh tomatoes diced)
- 2 cans black beans, drained (OR 3 cups cooked fresh black beans)
- 1 can pinto beans, drained (OR 1 1/2 cups cooked fresh pinto beans)
- 1 can kidney beans, drained (OR 1 1/2 cups cooked fresh kidney beans)
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained (OR 1 1/2 cups cooked fresh garbanzo beans)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kennels
- 3 tbs cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 6oz can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- salt, to taste
- Throw all the ingredients in a crock pot and mix thoroughly. Cook on low for at least four hours, stirring occasionally (every hour or so).
- Alternatively, if you don’t have a crock pot and you have an hour or so to watch the pot, you can saute the vegetables and add the rest of the ingredients. Cook on medium heat, stirring frequently to avoid burning.