Although I am sure you have often heard praise of coconut, let me give you a small sampling once again. Countless studies on coconut show how amazing a healer it is:
1. Coconut flesh is rich in fiber, minerals and vitamins.
2. Its lubricating benefits lavish a glow on your skin.
3. Regular consumption of coconut boosts thyroid function.
4. Promotes the health of kidneys and liver.
5. Daily application of coconut oil on your skin will prevent wrinkles, age spots and sagging. Soon, you will notice a glow and a toned look to your skin. (However, if you have oily skin, use a lighter oil.)
6. Nourishes the cardiovascular system.
7. Heals scars.
8. Its low glycemic index makes it beneficial for diabetics.
9. Coconut water relieves acidity.
10. Coconut oil is excellent nourishment for hair, promoting growth and luster.
11. Non-toxic and hypoallergenic, it improves overall immunity.
12. Coconut oil, when used in cooking, can increase good cholesterol. Besides, it’s delicious!
13. Coconut water is often billed as ‘Earth’s purest drink’ and ‘Nature’s sports drink,’ thanks to its electrolyte content. That water also contains twice as much potassium as a banana!
14. Coconut helps you absorb calcium and magnesium better, so your bones benefit, too.
15. Swishing coconut oil in your mouth for a few seconds draws the toxins out and heals a receding gumline.
P.S.: For interesting ideas on how to reuse coconut shells, do read this article.