Do You Get Enough Sleep? Quiz
Sleep is the physiological function that helps nourish our mind, body, and soul, essential for good health and upbeat spirits. Better sleep gives you more energy, improves your mood, makes you less prone to accidents and less irritable, and increases your life span.
The National Commission on Sleep Disorders says, “America is seriously sleep deprived, with serious consequences.“ Lack of sleep decreases productivity, effectiveness, concentration, decision-making abilities, and physiological immunity. Are you getting enough sleep for optimum mind, body, and spirit wellness? Take this simple quiz and find out:
How many of these statements are TRUE for you?
1. I need to rely on an alarm clock to wake me up.
2. I often feel tired and foggy-headed.
3. I often doze off while watching TV or while sitting and reading.
4. I sometimes fall asleep in public places such as movie theaters or school classes.
5. I sometimes get drowsy in a car–either as a driver or as a passenger.
6. Fatigue sometimes interferes with my daily activities.
If you answered TRUE to any of these questions, you could use more and better-quality sleep. We recommend How to Sleep Soundly Tonight for some valuable tips for getting more and better sleep.
Adapted from How to Sleep Soundly Tonight, by Barbara L. Heller (Storey Books, 2001). Copyright (c) 2001 by Barbara L. Heller. Reprinted by permission of Storey Books.
Adapted from How to Sleep Soundly Tonight, by Barbara L. Heller (Storey Books, 2001).