25 Earth Month Crafts
13. Organic Laundry Sachet – Ditch the toxic dryer sheets! Grab some fabric scraps and organic herbs and make yourself a laundry sachet that you can use over and over.
14. Wine Bottle Tiki Torch – Get ready for those outdoor summer shindigs with a few of these upcycled torches.
15. Suitcase Table – Transform a vintage suitcase into a handy, modular end table.
16. Drawer Chalkboard – Turn an old drawer from a broken desk or dresser into a hanging chalkboard.
17. Sweater Throw Pillow – Did you accidentally shrink one of your sweaters? Don’t toss it! Turn it into a cozy throw pillow instead!
18. Sushi Tray Bracelet – Wash out that sushi tray and turn it into a chic, chunky bracelet.
19. DIY Peacock Fascinator – Pull out your box of felt scraps and use them to make a pretty hair clip.
20. Herb Dryer – A DIY to help you preserve the harvest! Hit the thrift store for some old picture frames and make your very own hanging herb dryer.
21. Fabric Scrap Flowers – Most cut flowers are bad news for the environment, but you can make fabric flowers using fallen branches, vintage buttons, and scrap fabric instead.
22. Bottle Cap Stamps – You can’t recycle plastic bottle caps in many towns, but you can use them to make these cute stamps!
23. Hanging Scissor Holder – Never hunt for those scissors again! Use a vintage necktie to create a scissors holder that hangs on the wall.
24. Toilet Paper Tube Art – No one will believe that this elegant piece used to be old toilet paper or paper towel tubes!
25. Wine Cork Mat – 175 corks is quite a lot of wine, but if you get your friends and family to help you collect, you might be surprised at how quickly they accumulate! If there’s a bar or restaurant that you frequent, you can also very nicely ask if they’d mind saving corks for you. I bet they’ll be intrigued!
Do you guys have any crafty plans for Earth Month? I’d love to hear about what you’re making in the comments!
Image Credits: photos by Becky Striepe