4. If you save up a nice stash of shower caps, they can be excellent picnic accompaniments. One stretched over the top of each bowl (potato salad, chips, dips, etc) is great for keeping the bugs at bay!
5. Another picnic lifesaver: you can add some ice to the cap and then put a bowl inside of it, so the cap covers the bottom and sides. This creates a little ice box effect and will keep the contents cool for hours.
6. In your home, place a cap under your indoor plants, with the elastic tight around the container. This will help prevent leaking when you water.
7. Conversely, secure the cap over your spring seedlings, which will trap warmth and moisture and create a little greenhouse. Perfect for getting those plants off to a great start!
8. Fill the cap with a bit of water, then fasten around the stems of fresh cut flowers. This acts as a traveling vase, keeping the flowers hydrated while you transplant them.