Chinese eye exercises
The Chinese claim to have discovered a simple tool to combat the growing number of people suffering from myopia. Since the government’s intervention in 1948, many Chinese students and factory workers carry out the visual exercises outlined on official posters for about ten minutes, twice a day.
1. Keep your eyes closed during these exercises.
2. Massage slowly and gently until the area surrounding your eyes becomes slightly tender.
3. Perform these exercises twice a day.
• Massage the insides of the eyebrows with your thumbs while resting your slightly curved fingers on your forehead (repeat 8 times).
• Massage the bridge of the nose using your thumb and index finger. Work down, then up (repeat 8 times).
• Place your thumbs on your lower jaw and place your index and middle fingers against the sides of your nose, where your nostrils are. Lower your middle fingers to massage your cheeks, keeping your index fingers in place (repeat 8 times).
Ode, the magazine for Intelligent Optimists, is an international independent journal that publishes positive news, about the people and ideas that are changing our world for the better. Click here for your FREE issue.