Nourishing and delightful, this is a great make-ahead salad.
- 2 Cups cooked freekeh, cooked, drained well and slightly cooled (1 cup uncooked)
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 3 Green onions, chopped small
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Place cooked freekeh in a medium bowl. Drizzle oil and lemon juice over it, and toss to coat. Stir in chopped parsley, mint, basil and green onions. Add tomatoes and toss again. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let sit for 30 minutes so the flavors can meld. If desired, season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Recipe Credit: About.com.