- Bird Scare-er -
What you’ll need:
- Old shoelace or bits of string
- Old CDs
- Shredded plastic bags or old cassette/videotape
-Tie a string or shoelace around the CD (the other end of the string will be tied around a fence post or on to a stick in the garden.
- Decorate the CD with different-colored strips of shredded plastic bags and cassette/videotape.
- Hang the decorated CD by its string on a fence post or attach it to a long stick, in the garden, and let it hang over your veggies.
- The noise and movement will frighten unwanted birds away from your veggies and fruits.
Tip: Even if you don’t have any birds eating your veggies, these “bird scare-ers” can make beautiful and fun decorations in the garden or hanging near the house.
Next: Seed bug stories