- Seed Bugs -
What you’ll need:
- Pinecones/acorns, other hard seeds and non-toxic berries
- Vegan glue (such as Welbond)*
- Twigs and other items found in nature that could make “legs or a tail”
- Use pinecones/acorns for the body and smaller seeds or non-toxic berries as the head. Glue them together.
- Add a set of twigs for the legs and glue, tape or tie them onto the pine cone/acorn body.
- When the seed bug is finished, ask the children to name their bug and/or make up a story about it.
Variant: Another fun way to get older children involved in this easy project is by having them assist younger children in writing down their seed bug story.
*Many glues include casein and other animal products.
Next: Uses for old watering cans and rain-boots