- Seed Bugs -
What you’ll need:
- Pinecones/acorns, other hard seeds and non-toxic berries
- Vegan glue (such as Welbond)*
- Twigs and other items found in nature that could make “legs or a tail”
- Use pinecones/acorns for the body and smaller seeds or non-toxic berries as the head. Glue them together.
- Add a set of twigs for the legs and glue, tape or tie them onto the pine cone/acorn body.
- When the seed bug is finished, ask the children to name their bug and/or make up a story about it.
Variant: Another fun way to get older children involved in this easy project is by having them assist younger children in writing down their seed bug story.
*Many glues include casein and other animal products.
Next: Uses for old watering cans and rain-boots
Read more: Crafts & Design, Crafts & Hobbies, Environment, Family, Fun, Green Decorating, Green Gifts, Green Home Decor, Holidays, Holidays & Gifts, Lawns & Gardens, Life, Nature, Nature & Wildlife, Outdoor Activities, Spirit, Gardening activities for kids and children
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.