Garlic lovers, have I got the recipe for you! This interesting, sophisticated combination will be gobbled up in no time, I guarantee it.
Grape, Brie & Garlic Crostini
- 30 Garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 3/4 Teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 1/2 Cup seedless red and/or green grapes, halved
- 1/4 Cup ruby Port
- 1 Teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, plus more sprigs for garnish
- 1 Baguette, sliced 1/4 inch thick diagonally
- 8 Ounces brie, rinds removed, at room temperature (or warmed for a few seconds in the microwave, if needed)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet and toast for 5-6 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven, and adjust temperature to 325 degrees. Arrange garlic cloves on a small baking dish, and pour oil over them. Roast in oven for about 30 minutes, or until the cloves are tender. Place a fine-mesh sieve inside of a large bowl, and drain garlic. Reserve about 3 tablespoons of oil. Place roasted garlic, thyme, and reserved oil in a food processor and puree.
2. In a medium bowl, combine grapes, port and chopped rosemary. Let the mixture stand for about 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, spread garlic over each toast slice, about 1 teaspoon per slice. Top with brie, about 2 teaspoons per slice. Finally, top with grape mixture.
Recipe Credit: Bon Appetit.