This salad is fun to make, fun to look at and fun to eat! That is why I call it “Happy Salad.” The hint of onion flavor in the dressing makes it rich and tasty. It can add a little brightness to your day!
8 packed cups spinach, cleaned
10 medium strawberries, sliced
1-2 kiwis, peeled and cut in quarter moons
˝ cup almonds, sliced and toasted
1/2 cup agave syrup or honey
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon onion pulp
1 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Take half of a peeled onion and rub down the side of a grater. This will make your onion pulp.
- Blend dressing ingredients (except oil). Turn blender on high and add oil slowly. Cover and chill.
- Place spinach in bowl and top with strawberries, kiwi and almonds.
- Toss dressing on to taste. Starting with less and add more if you like.
- If you have edible flowers they can be a nice addition.
Total cooking time: 20 minutes