This very informal yet powerful meditation can be done while drowsing in bed as you are waking up or going to sleep, resting on the couch, or sitting with a straight posture. The premise of the meditation is that heavy energy caused by emotional trauma is lodged in the body, in particular in the energy centers called chakras. These spots of heavy energy become blockages of chi, ultimately manifesting in emotional and spiritual problems, and sometimes physical illness. The purpose of the meditation is to dissolve and dislodge the blockages.
Spiritual healing can have a very profound effect on your life, and this technique is one that will help no matter what your experience with energy work may be, whether you are old or young, sick or healthy. Learn how, here:
1. Get comfortable. Take a few deep breaths to get centered. Take a few minutes, or as long as you need, to settle, connect with yourself, and quiet your mind.
2. Visualize the golden light of the sun and ask it to stream into the part of your being that needs healing golden light now.
3. Observe where the light settles in your body, and merge into it, be with it.
4. If the golden light moves elsewhere in your body, follow it where it goes, and be with it there.
5. Continue following and being with the light, for up to an hour.