These tasty morsels are the perfect size to munch on with soups or stews or to just pop in your mouth! They are very moist and spicy but you can leave out the jalapenos for a mild version too. Super yummy and super fun!!
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons coconut sugar or sugar of choice
4 teaspoons agave
1 cup buttermilk
6 tablespoons butter or oil of choice
½ cup frozen corn, defrosted
2 tablespoons fresh jalapenos, minced with seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in bowl. Mix well.
- Combine wet ingredients in another bowl and whisk together.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and combine well with a wooden spoon.
- Grease mini-muffin pan (can use a regular muffin pan if you don’t have a mini pan)
- Spoon batter into holes, ¾ full.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on rack and enjoy!
Total cooking time: 25 minutes