Indoor Allergins: Pet Dander
We love our furry friends, but their dander can cause a host of allergen issues. Interesting enough, it’s your pet’s dead skin flakes, urine, feces, and saliva that trigger allergies, and not their fur. Instead of removing your beloved pet from your home, consider the following tips.
Tips On Pet Allergen Control:
• Isolation measures should include keeping your pets out of your sleeping areas, off upholstered furniture, and even off of carpets.
• Vacuum all floors and carpets daily with a vacuum that contains a Hepa filter.
• Have carpets and upholstery professionally cleaned with a natural solution quarterly.
• Change your whole house filter monthly.
• Clean all areas where the pet sleeps and eats weekly.
• Have your pet groomed monthly to reduce dander.
• Place an air purification system in your bedroom.
Organic Spa Magazine is a national consumer lifestyle magazine about bringing spa wisdom into the modern green lifestyle. For a free digital subscription, click here.