These Lentil Tacos are a great option for those watching calories or fat content. Delicious and nutritious!
- 1 Cup of Uncooked Lentils
- 1/2 Small Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 1/4 Cups of Vegetable Broth
- 4 Teaspoons of Dried Minced Onion
- 3 Teaspoons of Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon of Cumin
- 1/8 – 1/4 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper. Use more or less depending on your heat preference.
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Oregano
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 1 Cup of Shredded Lettuce
- Hard Tortilla Shells
- Mix dried minced onion, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, paprika, cumin, cayenne, and oregano in a bowl and set aside.
- Place garlic, onion, and bell pepper in a pan. Cook for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add lentils and seasoning mix. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add veggie broth, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover and lower heat. Cook for 30 minutes, or until broth is absorbed and lentils are soft but not mushy.
- Transfer to a bowl and mash beans with a fork.
- Scoop into tortillas and top with tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, and salsa.