Yesterday I introduced you to the Life Force Gold Foods. Among them there is a mostly overlooked type of food that offers incredible nutrition and the potential to greatly increase your body’s life force energy and vitality. Sprouts are the greatest Life Force Gold Foods. During the sprouting process, when seeds, nuts, grains, or beans are soaked in water and then sprouted, a tremendous amount of life force is ignited and nutrients that were locked inside are released and multiplied. At the same time the protein, complex carbohydrates (the good kind), and fatty acids also increase in quantity and value. This is because the enzymes in the seed become active and initiate digestion of these macro-nutrients, making it easier to digest and assimilate their nutrients when you eat them.
Sprouts are packed with healing enzymes that can dramatically improve health. It is not essential to eat sprouts on the life force diet if you simply can’t stand them. However, I encourage you to try them since they offer the greatest life force and healing power of any foods. Whether you are suffering from severe fatigue, digestive troubles, depression, or cancer, sprouts’ powerhouse of enzyme and nutrients can help. Research shows that some impressive changes take place in seeds that are sprouted, making them a great source of nutrition. Following are a few of these changes:
1. The quality of protein in the seeds, grain, or beans improves. The proteins in grains change form during soaking or sprouting, which improves the nutritional value.
2. Fiber content of the seeds, grains, or beans increases. Since most of us are not getting adequate fiber, adding sprouts to our foods can be an excellent way to increase this valuable nutrient.
3. Essential fatty acids increase during the sprouting process. These are the healthy fats our bodies need and few of us get adequate amounts in our diet.
4. Vitamin content increases, particularly vitamins A, B-complex, C, and E. The vitamin content of some seeds, grains, or beans can increase up to 20 times their original value within a few days of sprouting. Research shows that the sprouting process increases vitamins B1 up to 285 percent, B2 up to 515 percent, and niacin up to 256 percent.5
Sprouts are so easy to add to your diet. Here are some ways to help you get started:
• Add a handful to your favorite salad recipe.
• Throw a large handful of mung bean sprouts into your favorite dish or stir-fry after you’ve removed it from the heat and are ready to serve it.
• Add alfalfa or clover sprouts to a sandwich or wrap.
• If you want to spice up a salad or sandwich, add some mustard, radish, or fenugreek sprouts for instant flavor.
• Mung bean sprouts make a delicious salad alongside your favorite veggies.
Ready to eat more sprouts? Post your health intent and find community support and content to help you achieve it!
Just joining the series? Click here to start the Life Force Diet from the beginning. Ready to get started on The Life Force Diet? Post your health intent and find community support and content to help you achieve it!
Michelle Schoffro Cook, DNM, DAc, CNC, is a six-time and best-selling book author whose works include: The Life Force Diet, The Ultimate pH Solution, and The 4-Week Ultimate Body Detox Plan. She is a doctor of natural medicine, holistic nutritionist, and holistic life coach. Visit www.TheLifeForceDiet.com to learn more.