Here are some fabulously simple, delicious all-natural ways to keep your lips moist, soft, and lusciously kissable. Since our lips contain no sebaceous glands, they canít moisturize themselves, and the small amount of saliva that reaches our lips via tongue-tip is often not sufficient to prevent our lips from becoming dehydrated.
After all, itís nearly Valentineís Day: here are some helpful hints for luscious lips. Pucker up!
1. Slick on a bit of cocoa butter for a moisturizing, chocolate-flavored lip treat. Itís colorless and not too shiny.
2. After brushing your teeth, GENTLY brush your lips as well. This will exfoliate and take away chapping, and will also plump up the lips temporarily.
3. Keep hydrated! Be sure to drink lots of water throughout the day.
4. A dab of honey on your lips will act as a humectant, drawing moisture from the air to your skin, keeping your lips soft, plump, and kissably sweet.
5. A dab of vegetable glycerin mixed with vitamin E or wheat germ oil makes an effective, nourishing moisture barrier. (Pure vegetable gycerin is available in natural food centers.)
Adapted from 50 Simple Ways to Pamper Yourself by Stephanie Tourles (Storey Books, 1999). Copyright (c) 1999 by Stephanie Tourles. Reprinted by permission of Storey Books.
Adapted from 50 Simple Ways to Pamper Yourself by Stephanie Tourles (Storey Books, 1999).