Make Your Own Healthy & Fresh Spa Popsicles
What flavor is growing in your garden? Relying on less sugar and more thirst-quenching fresh fruit for their flavors, spa popsicles are a healthier alternative. Here is a recipe from Rancho Valencia Spa in southern California, where citrus from the gardens gets juiced for popsicles and offered along with the spa treatments. For more flavors and ideas, visit Gardenista. All photographs via Rancho Valencia.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Make a simple syrup by combining water and sugar in a saucepan and bringing it to a boil; boil until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Remove the flesh from the avocado, and puree it along with salt and simple syrup.
- Add lime juice and blend.
- Pour the mixture into molds and freeze until solid (for from three to five hours).
Other flavors at Rancho Valencia Spa include Blood-orange (above) and lemonade-cucumber (below).