If you want to remember a departed human or animal loved one, the simple act of making a Memory Candle can bring great relief and healing. You can also do this to celebrate someone living, or to mark an important event like a graduation. Either way, the Memory Candle is a beautiful way to honor someone important to you.
1. Decide who you would like to honor in this way: it could be a deceased relative, friend, or companion animal, or someone with whom you have lost contact but still want to remember.
2. Choose a clear glass candle holder–a water tumbler or glass works well.
3. Find a photograph of the person you wish to honor in this way and make a photocopy of it, enlarging or reducing it to fit the height of the candle holder. If you donít have a photo, you could do a simple drawing or make a photocopy of a memento you associate with that person or animal.
4. Wrap the photocopy around the glass and tape it securely. Place a nontoxic beeswax or soy wax candle in the glass. Place the Memory Candle in a special safe place and light the candle.
4. The soft glow of the candlelight will illuminate the photograph in a very beautiful and special way.
5. You can also pay homage to the living by naming this an “Honor Candle” and using a photograph to celebrate a graduation, marriage, birthday, retirement, anniversary, or other accomplishment of note.