This rice has to be the cheapest, tastiest thing that I make. I spent about $2 making this dish. I suggest buying rice (and anything else that you can) in bulk – it’s a lot cheaper and less wasteful of packaging.
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium sized pan. Fry the uncooked rice until it’s golden.
- Add onion and garlic and let cook until onions become translucent.
- Add tomato sauce and two cups of water, then stir with about a tsp of both salt and pepper.
- Bring water to a boil, cover the pan with a lid and bring down heat to a low temperature. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes at low heat.