Nothing can make you feel more tired than less-than-perky eyes. My favorite organic beauty formula book, Organic Body Care Recipes (Storey, 2007) by Stephanie Tourles has these all-natural tips to combat tired, strained eyes. To relieve puffiness and dark circles, apply any of the following to your eyes while reclining and resting for 15 minutes:
1. Cold, damp black or green tea bags or cotton squares soaked in brewed, chilled tea of catnip, rose petals, chamomile flowers, elder flowers, eyebright, fennel seeds, lavender buds, or blackberry leaves
2. Thin slices of cold cucumber or white potato.
3. Cold, witch hazel-soaked cotton pads
4. Cold, whole milk-soaked cotton pads.
5. Chilled rose or lavender hydrosol–gentle enough to spritz directly into and around eyes or use as an eye wash.
6. Chilled, metal teaspoons; the cold temperature constricts blood vessels, decreasing puffiness, redness, and irritation. Place 4 teaspoons in ice water to chill. Leave two spoons chilling and take two spoons and apply one to each eye, concave side toward skin, following the contour of the eye socket. When spoons begin to warm, switch them with the spoons still chilling in the ice water. Continue, alternating spoons until puffiness subsides or for up to 20 minutes.
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.