Looking for the perfect dip for your Oscar party? Look no further than this tasty dip! Serve with slices of crusty bread.
Asparagus and Goat Cheese Dip
- 1 Cup asparagus, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 Cup leeks, white and pale green parts, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 Cups whole milk
- 1 Cup mild white cheddar, grated
- Coarse salt and freshly-ground pepper
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 Cup fresh peas
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 4 Ounces crumbled fresh goat cheese
Oven Temperature: 450 Degrees.
1.Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook for about 2 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and let cool.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add leeks and cook until soft, stirring often, for 10 minutes. Whisk in flour. Whisk in milk gradually and keep whisking until simmering. Whisk occasionally while mixture is thickening. When it’s thickened, remove from heat and whisk in cheddar until smooth. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
3. Set aside asparagus tips. Stir in the rest of the asparagus, artichoke, peas, chives, mint, parsley lemon zest and half of the goat cheese.
4. Pour mixture into a 4-5 cup baking dish. Sprinkle remaining goat cheese and arrange asparagus tips.
5. Bake dip for 15-20 minutes, or until bubbling and golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe Credit: Bon Appetit