It’s a rainbow in a bowl! This salad can make you happy just preparing it — it is so colorful — and even happier eating it. Serve it with our Moroccan Dressing, one of HeartMath Kitchen’s most popular dressings.
˝ head romaine lettuce
˝ head red leaf lettuce
⅓ head iceberg lettuce
˝ cup English cucumbers, cut in quarter moons
˝ cup corn, fresh or frozen
1 tomato, cut in chunks
˝ cup carrots, shredded
˝ cup purple cabbage, shredded
- Cut and wash lettuce. Spin in lettuce spinner and place in bowl.
- Prep other vegetables, and place on top of lettuce in the following order: cucumber, corn, tomato, carrot and purple cabbage.
Serves: 4 to 6
Total preparation time: 35 minutes.
A perfect fit with the Rainbow Salad. We like to jest in our kitchen about our “rock” dressing. We call it that because it would make a rock taste good! It can be used on many different salads, but is also great on brown rice, stir fry and steamed vegetables.
˝ cup raw sesame seeds
5 tbsp. tamari or soy sauce
2 garlic cloves
5 tbsp. lemon juice
5 tbsp. water
2 cups olive oil
- Roast sesame seeds in pan at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until seeds turn light brown. Be careful not to burn.
- Place seeds in food processor along with tamari, and blend until the consistency is a loose paste. Scrape down sides and blend further.
- Add garlic cloves first, followed by lemon juice, egg and water. Continue to blend.
- Add olive oil in a steady stream while food processor is still running. The dressing texture is a medium thickness. Be careful not to over mix as it will become too thick, like a mayonnaise texture.
Serves: 6 to 8
Total preparation time: 25 minutes.