Poisonous Plants: Beware for Kids!

Did you know that if your adventurous toddler eats even just a few berries from the ornamental Daphne plant, it could kill her?

Or that rhubarb leaves are fatal?

Now that we’re planning and planting our gardens, you need to know the plants to avoid if you have young children. Find out what they are and keep your family safe, here:

Texas A&M University: Poisonous Plants
University of California Healthcare; Poisonous Plants

By the Care2 Staff

53 comments

Aud Nordby
Aud n4 years ago

ty

SEND
Michele Wilkinson

Thank you

SEND
Fred Hoekstra
Fred Hoekstra4 years ago

Thank you Annie, for Sharing this!

SEND
Nicole Bergeron
Nicole Bergeron4 years ago

Teach your child. We learn not to eat the leaves of the rhubarb and just the stems. we also learned not to eat wild mushrooms since mother wasn't aware of which was poisonous and which wasn't. Teach your child not to eat wild plants as many edibles have poisonous look-a-likes, unless you know which is poisonous and which isn't, then teach them not to eat them without your say so..

SEND
sandra g.
sandra g4 years ago

thanks, there are some so nice and good smelling ,b ut not less poisoning.

SEND
Teresa Wlosowicz
Teresa W4 years ago

thank you

SEND
J.L. A.
JL A4 years ago

good reminders

SEND
a             y m.
g d c4 years ago

ty

SEND
Duane B.
.4 years ago

Thank you for sharing.

SEND
Fred Hoekstra
Fred Hoekstra4 years ago

Thank you Annie, for Sharing this!

SEND