Poodle’s Scary Bath Sends a Lesson to All Pet Owners
Poor little poodle.
Selene Ortega, 12, was giving her dog, Morita, a bath when the poodle’s paw became lodged in the tub drain, reports local Albuquerque news site krqe.com. The dog screamed, and the Albuquerque, N.M. family searched for help.
Their vet said call the plumber; the plumber said call housing; and housing said call 911.
Finally, firefighters arrived and cut out the part of the tub attached to the poodle. The family’s vet finally removed the dog’s paw from the drain.
Morita escaped with only a swollen paw – no broken bones — and the family is now trying to get their tub replaced.
Lesson: Always use drain covers when giving a pet a bath.
More tips to keep your pet safe:
Summer Safety Tips for Your Dog
How to Keep Your Cat Out of the Washing Machine & Dryer
5 Tips for Safe Car Travel With Your Pet
Image credit: Screenshot from Krqe.com report