OK, so … I’ll be up front and tell you that this really isn’t a healthy dessert. But I love making these on weekends or holidays and those can be cheat days, right?
- 1 cup margarine, at room temperature
- 1/2 brown sugar
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup non-dairy semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix brown and granulated sugars until creamed. Add pumpkin, vanilla and apple sauce and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Fold in chocolate chip and walnuts, if using.
- On a greased pan, place flattened cookie dough at the size of your preference. I made 12 large cookies, as photographed. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until they look dry – but try not to burn the bottom.
- Let sit until cooled. Enjoy!