Pumpkin Salted Caramels (Recipe)
The sweet tastes of autumn join forces in these tasty treats.
- 1 1/2 Cups heavy cream
- 1 Cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 Teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Cups white sugar
- 1/2 Cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 Cup water
- 4 Tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- Sea salt
1. Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment; butter bottom and sides of paper very thoroughly.
2. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-low heat, stir cream, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice. Heat until just before the mixture started to boil, remove from heat and set aside.
3. Combine sugar, corn syrup and water in another heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Boil mixture until the temperature reads at 240 degrees F.
4. Gradually stir the pumpkin mixture into the sugar mixture. Heat to 220-240 degrees F, depending on your desired consistency, for up to 45 minutes; stir occasionally. Remove from heat and vigorously stir in butter and vanilla. Immediately transfer to parchment-lined pan, and let cool for at least 30 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt before cutting into squares and serving.
Recipe Credit: Tasty Kitchen.