Quick Whole Grain Spelt Bread
Are you looking for a fast, delicious, and healthy whole grain bread recipe? Look no further. The actual preparation time is less than ten minutes, but as with all breads, it takes just under and hour of baking time. Enjoy!
Serves 10 to 12
1¾ cup · whole-grain spelt flour
½ cup · multigrain cereal or whole oats
1½ tsp. · baking powder (make sure it is “aluminum-free”)
2 tbsp. · water
1¼ cup · rice or almond milk
2 tbsp. · honey
½ cup · canola or coconut oil (If using canola oil, choose cold-pressed organic preferably.)
2 tbsp. · ground flaxseeds (or grind your own in a coffee grinder)
1. Mix the flour, cereal, and baking powder together in a food processor or mixer.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk liquid ingredients together with the ground flaxseeds.
3. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until mixed.
4. Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 55 minutes.
5. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes before removing from the loaf pan and serving.
Adapted with permission from The Life Force Diet by best-selling author Michelle Schoffro Cook, BSc, RNCP, ROHP, DNM.