Are You Toxic? Take the Quiz and Find Out
Toxicity is one of the biggest challenges to being healthy. We live in a polluted world and no longer have the luxury of considering personal health as separate from environmental health.
Undeniably, people and nature are connected. Everyone needs clean air to breathe, clean water to drink, and nutritious food to eat. On a weighted scale
of burdens, toxicity is a ton of bricks. It has the potential to
undermine the balance of every system in the body.
Answer these questions to determine your level of toxicity:
1. Are you sensitive to chemicals, car fumes, odors, perfumes, or fragrances?
2. Are you becoming increasingly sensitive to caffeine, alcohol, or medications?
3. Do you have bad reactions to monosodium glutamate (MSG); foods containing sulfites, such as wine and dried fruit; salad bar food; beverages that contain caffeine; or diet sodas?
4. Do you suffer from fibromayalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, cancer, or an autoimmune disease?
5. Do you have acne, eczema, hives, or unexplained itching?
6. Do you suffer from fatigue, lethargy, joint pains, muscle aches, or weakness?
7. Are you subject to irritability, mood swings, anxiety, depression, poor concentration, a “spacey” feeling, or restlessness?
8. Do you get headaches, a stuffy nose, frequent sinus infections, or allergies?
9. Do you suffer from nausea, bad breath, foul-smelling stools, a bloated feeling, or intolerance to fatty or starchy foods?
10. Do you keep getting sick?
11. Do you drink more than two alcoholic beverages a day?
12. Do you ever use over-the-counter, prescription, or recreational drugs on a regular basis?
Whether or not you answered yes to any of the above questions, I would suggest that you try to reduce your exposure to toxins. If you answered yes to three or more of the questions, the recommendations in this chapter (of the book referenced, above) are very important for you because you may be displaying signs of toxicity. You definitely need to decrease your burdens.
Adapted from Total Renewal: 7 Key Steps to Resilience, Vitality & Long-Term Health, by Frank Lipman, M.D. (Jeremy Tarcher, Putnam, 2003). Copyright (c) 2003 by Frank Lipman. Reprinted by permission of the author.
Adapted from Total Renewal: 7 Key Steps to Resilience, Vitality & Long-Term Health, by Frank Lipman, M.D. (Jeremy Tarcher, Putnam, 2003).