Quiz–Are You in a State of True Being?
Many teachings focus on how to develop the state of true being. Although the word “being” sounds passive, a state of true being is highly dynamic. It embodies a quiet flow of deep awareness.
Take this quiz to see how close you may be to experiencing a state of true being:
See how many of these statements are TRUE for you:
* I experience immediate attention to the here and now.
* I experience a sense of newness in all my activities, no matter how repetitive.
* I experience peacefulness.
* My perception accentuates the environment more, focusing less on myself.
* I feel a sense of rightness or perfection about everything.
* I experience little or no thought.
* I experience a touching, or at least a getting closer to, my core nature.
* I feel a strong, clear connection with the world.
* I experience reality as a reflection of myself.
* I feel an innate sense of purpose.
* I experience a complete abandon or surrender.
* I feel nonattachment.
* I experience balanced energies.
* I feel unconditional love.
* I experience joy and/or bliss.
* I feel patience.
* I experience the sense of residing in a timeless present that stretches throughout eternity.
No matter how many of these statements were or were not true for you, these are all experiences that are attainable with practice. This book is a helpful guide to reaching a true state of being.
Adapted from On the Toltec Path, by Ken Eagle Feather (Inner Traditions, 2006). Copyright (c) 2006 by Ken Eagle Feather. Reprinted by permission of Inner Traditions.
Adapted from On the Toltec Path, by Ken Eagle Feather (Inner Traditions, 2006).