The oldest plant on earth protects you from modern dangers.
The radiation plume drifting onto North America from the Japanese quake disaster is not considered a serious health risk by authorities; but many people want extra protection — particularly if the situation becomes worse.
Why not use this situation to add a powerfood to your diet that not only helps prevent radiation poisoning, but many other serious health problems as well.
- When the body is saturated with natural iodine from seaweed, it will more readily excrete radioactive iodine taken in from the air, water or food. This prevents radiation poisoning of the thyroid. (see other radiation benefits below)
- Seaweeds contain 14 times more calcium by weight than milk.
- Seaweed is high in protein, low in fat and contains little or no carbs.
- Seaweed has components which lower blood pressure, prevent arteriosclerosis, and combat tumors.
- Seaweed has been on earth at least 500 million years longer than man.
Seaweed tastes great when prepared well. Although not so common in our modern western diet, it is enjoyed daily in countries like Japan and Ireland. Even land lubbers like Randy get used to its unique flavor.
Listen to Randy Fritz’s opinion of seaweed below:
For maximum nutritional value, eat seaweed fresh.
Next: 5 most popular seaweeds & more health benefits