As a kid, I was too cool for pudding (though I made an exception for my momís rice version.) It took me a few years to appreciate this humble, comforting dessert. And whatís not to like? It requires only a few ingredients, comes together quickly and costs about only 50 cents per serving.
Servings : 6-8 † † †Prep Time : 5m † † †Cook Time :†20m † † †Ready In : 25m
- 3/4 C. sugar
- 1/2 c. cornstarch
- 1/2 t. salt
- 5 C. almond milk
- 1 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- Line up 6-8 ramekins, small bowls or tea cups on counter.
- In large saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add just enough almond milk to make a paste and whisk until completely smooth.
- Slowly whisk in remaining almond milk. Place pot on stove and heat over medium, stirring occasionally.
- Once mixture starts to thicken, turn heat to low and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add chocolate chips and vanilla extract and stir until chocolate chips are completely melted.
- Pour pudding into individual cups. Serve warm or chilled.