Is everyone else as excited for tomato season as I am? Try out this great take on a classic caprese salad — it’s to die for!
Roasted Tomatoes with Basil Dressing
- Small handful fresh basil
- 1 Clove garlic
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt to taste
For Roasted Tomatoes:
- 4 Large Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 Thin slices mozzarella (ideally fresh)
- 4 Large basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. While the oven is preheating, make dressing. Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until the basil is chopped finely and the dressing has an even consistency.
2. Arrange tomato halves on a non-stick baking sheet, with the cut side facing up. Drizzle oil and vinegar over tomatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast in oven until the tomato skins are blistered, about 20-25 minutes. Place mozzarella slices on the bottom halves of the tomatoes, and roast for an additional 5 minutes before removing from oven.
3. Top one basil leaf on each mozzarella-covered tomato, and place the tomato tops back on the bottoms. Transfer to serving plates, drizzle dressing on tomatoes, and serve.
Recipe Credit: simply-delicious.co.za