yields 12 biscuits
2 cups whole wheat (or spelt) pastry flour, sifted
1 tsp. sea salt
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 Tbsp. powdered egg replacer & 2 Tbsp. warm water
2–3 Tbsp. unrefined dry sweetener (such as Rapadura)
1/4 cup organic oil such as sunflower
1 cup tofu milk (see next page)
1. Sift together all dry ingredients and mix well. In a large bowl, combine all liquid ingredients. Add the dry mixture to the wet and stir lightly. DO NOT OVER-MIX.
2. Oil a muffin tin or baking sheet. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350° for 20–25 minutes.
Fluffy Dinner Cornbread
yields 1 large loaf or 2 small cakes
2 1/2 cups thick tofu milk (see next page)
1/2 cup organic oil such as sunflower
1/4 tsp. tamari or substitute
1 cup dry unrefined dry sweetener (such as Rapadura)
2 cups cornmeal
2 cups whole wheat (or spelt) pastry flour
2 tsp. baking soda, sifted
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. herb seasoning (such as Herbamare)
chili powder, to taste (optional)
1. In a blender, blend tofu milk, adding oil, tamari and sweetener.
2. In a bowl, sift together the remaining ingredients.
3. Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients. Mix well.
4. Pour batter into a lightly oiled baking pan, filling half-way to leave room for rising.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350° for 30–40 minutes until toothpick comes out completely dry. Be sure to bake thoroughly. Allow to cool before cutting.
• Variation ~ Finely dice half an onion and half a green pepper and fold into the batter.