I can’t believe it’s December already! I don’t know about you, but I have handcrafting the perfect holiday gifts hot on the brain. Of course, like so many, I don’t have a lot of spare time or spare cash for gifts. Thankfully I came across the simple yet fun ideas in 15 Homemade Holiday Gift Ideas.
If you’re also ditching the consumerist mindset that you have to buy, buy, buy when it comes to the holidays, consider these gift ideas (these are my five favorites from the article I mentioned above):
1. Create themed scrapbooks depicting a favorite vacation, holiday or family celebration.
2. Tie bunches of dried herbs with a colorful ribbon and add some dried red peppers for accent color.
3. Create small sachet bags and fill with dried lavender.
4. Share your garden’s bounty by giving braided garlic or onion ropes.
5. Tie small kindling bundles of finely split aromatic wood, such as pine or cedar, with red or green cord and arrange in a basket with handles.
Photo by iStockphoto
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.