Itís so easy and cheap to make your own Horchata, and itís so much better than Rice Dreamís version. I put that it takes 24 hours to make because I really love it to be extra milky. Iíve made it after letting the rice sit for four hours and it was still tasty but it wasnít as thick.
- one cup long grain white or brown rice, uncooked
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks (or 2 tbs ground)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Put the cups of rice into a blender with two cups of water and blend it until the rice is broken up and the water looks very milky.
- Pour into pitcher with four cups of water, add cinnamon sticks and let sit overnight – or at least four hours (the longer the more milky it will taste).
- Pour rice milk into another pitcher (or large bowl), using cheese cloth to strain the rice and cinnamon sticks out.
- Add all other ingredients, mix well, pour over ice and enjoy!