For this week’s Care2 recipe, I’d like to share two recipes from David Halward, a friend of mine. The quinoa dish is fresh and simply tasty. The Tofu Tower looks as good as it tastes.
Spinach and Parsley Quinoa
Finely chopped fresh spinach and parsley make this quinoa dish vibrant green, refreshing and tasty.
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
¾ cup tomatoes, chopped small
¼ cup provolone cheese, cut in tiny cubes (optional)
4 cups packed fresh spinach
½ bunch parsley
3 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon garlic, minced
6 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
- Place quinoa in pot with water. Bring to a boil and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until the liquid is gone, about 20 minutes. Let sit covered for 10 minutes.
- Put in bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Mix all dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Place spinach and parsley in food processor and finely chop. Chop by hand if you don’t have a processor.
- Toss tomatoes and cheese with quinoa, spinach parsley mix and dressing.
- Serve at room temperature.
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Up Next – Tofu Tower