This heavenly chilled pie uses tofu instead of dairy to add even more phytonutrient punch to the antioxidant berries, and it is sweetened with a natural sweetener instead of refined sugar. Itís so delicious you will never guess how good for you it is! Sweet strawberries and creamy filling in a pecan-spiked crust make Strawberry Dream Pie a real treat.
2 cups crushed all-natural graham crackers
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup safflower oil
4 cups fresh sliced strawberries
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup silken tofu
1/2 cup rice syrup or maple syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Whole strawberries for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Combine strawberries and lemon juice and allow to macerate.
2. In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, pecans, and oil. Mix thoroughly, then press firmly into a pie plate. Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven, then allow to cool.
3. In a blender or food processor, combine tofu, rice syrup, and vanilla, pureeing until smooth. Stir in the sliced strawberries and spoon mixture into prepared crust.
4. Bake for 7 minutes in the preheated oven, until berries soften and release their juices. Allow pie to cool, then refrigerate until set and well chilled.
5. To serve, garnish with additional berries.