Super Simple Chocolate Mousse
It’s simple. I mean it. There are only two ingredients! Feel free to add a flavoring, such as your favorite extract or liqueur. I scooped the mousse into small dishes and served as is, dense and creamy, but you could also whip it for a minute until fluffy. I imagine this mousse would also be lovely as a filling in some decadent frozen dessert.
- 11.5 ounces silken tofu (The kind in the aseptic, shelf-stable packaging.)
- 1 C. semisweet chocolate chips (Check the label to be sure it is free of dairy products.)
- In a double boiler or microwave, melt chocolate chips, stirring often, until smooth.
- In the meantime, place tofu into a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Once chocolate is melted, scrape into blender. Blend with tofu until well-combined, stopping to scrape down sides as necessary.
- Scoop into a bowl and allow to chill in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Once fully chilled, scoop into small cups or bowls and serve.