All About Quinoa: Quinoa Recipes
Want to start eating more quinoa but aren’t sure how to prepare it? Don’t fret! This grain is easy as pie to make. In fact, if you have a rice cooker you can use that tool to take any guesswork out of preparing your quinoa.
To make basic quinoa, start by rinsing the grain and letting it drain, then combine two cups of water for every cup of quinoa in your pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then cover the pot and simmer for 12-15 minutes until all of the water is absorbed. Remove from the heat and let the quinoa stand for another five minutes before serving.
Related Reading>> Superfood: 10 Chia Recipes
Of course, if you’re going to really up the ante, you want to go beyond basics. Here are some super yummy quinoa recipes.
1. Quinoa Vegetable Paella – Who says paella has to be all about rice? Fat Free Vegan Kitchen shows you how to make a tasty veggie paella starring quinoa.
2. Quinoa Cookies – Quinoa doesn’t have to be relegated to savory recipes only. These awesome cookies are a decadent way to get more of this superfood into your diet.
3. Lemon Coconut Quinoa with Ginger Hummus – This is a gluten-free quinoa recipe that’s sure to please.
4. Acorn Squash Stuffed with Red Quinoa – Red quinoa has a deeper, earthier flavor than typical quinoa, but you can substitute one for the other in this recipe if you have a hard time finding red quinoa.
5. Avocado Quinoa – This quickie dish is packed with veggies for even more nutritional oomph.
Need more quinoa recipe ideas? Check out the rest of the recipes – and find out how the heck you pronounce quinoa – on the next page!