As it has been for the past few weeks, my CSA box was overflowing with spinach yesterday. I do love spinach, but, really, I’m not Popeye and I didn’t know how I could possibly eat all of that spinach without turning into him. Luckily, I’m not a cartoon character (yet!) and it’s all thanks to this delicious salad. I made it the other day, yesterday, and I’ve been daydreaming all today about making it for dinner tonight. I bet you’ll feel the same!
- 6 Cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/3 Cup dried sour cherries
- 3 Scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Green apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/4 Cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 Teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Ounces crumbled goat cheese (optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine spinach, cherries, scallions, apples, grapes and walnuts.
2. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar and oil, and season dressing with a little salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add dressing and optional cheese to spinach-cherries mix, toss and transfer to serving plates.
Recipe Credit: Martha Stewart.