Being stuck in an office can be the pits, but learn about the 13 do’s and taboos of feng shui office design and you can feel like you’re working in nature.
- DO sit in the corner farthest from the entrance to the room to have a “command” position.
- DON’T sit in line with the door, as you will be in the path of negative energy.
- DO keep your back toward a corner or a wall for support. If a post protrudes from the corner or wall, correct it by covering it with a hanging plant’s draping foliage.
- DO sit with a tall building behind you to provide the support of a “mountain” if your back is to a window.
- DON’T face away from the door if you are conducting business from home. Business will symbolically come to you through the door, so don’t turn your back on it.
- DON’T arrange your workspace so that you look straight out into a corridor or see the stairs, storage rooms, closets, elevators, escalators, or toilets.