Cheer yourself up from the winter blues with this cozy cocktail.
Orange Hot Chocolate.
Makes 4 Drinks.
- 1/4 Cup cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Kosher salt
- 3 Cups whole milk
- 4 Ounces milk chocolate chips
- 4 Ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3 Ounces Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 4 Ounces rum
- 4 2-inch pieces orange zest
- Whipped Cream, for garnish
- Candied orange peel, for garnish (optional)
1. Stir to combine cocoa, sugar and 1 pinch kosher salt in a medium saucepan. Add milk and both kinds of chocolate chips and continue stirring. Turn heat to medium and stir constantly until the mixture has completely melted and is hot. Whisk gently. Stir in both kinds of alcohol.
2. Rub zest on each serving cup. Pour drink in and garnish with whipped cream, remaining orange zest, and optional orange peel. Serve at once.
Recipe Credit: Serious Eats.