I did something fun and fulfilling yesterday. I sat down and made a list of the things I have done in my life, and all the wonderful ones that I would love to do. They were simple moments spent connecting with myself, and I cherish them. Whether or not I get to fulfill all my wishes, it is empowering to know that the possibility exists.
Here is a brief sampling from my list. How about creating your own?
- Written books
- Written for magazines
- Published my own magazine
- Teetered at… and returned from the edge
- Fell in love
- And out of it
- Formed deep friendships
- Lost some
- Gave birth
- Cruised the Nile, Seine, and Bosporus
- Dipped a toe in the Pacific at sunset
- Sailed into an underground river in a dark cave
- Stood at the edge of a cliff, with nothing between me and the sea
- Took a lone train trip that went from scary to superlative
- Lost lots of weight, put lots of it back on
- Gambled at the casinos, won a little, and lost big (big being a relative term, of course)
- Break out of comfort zone
- Laugh more
- Think less
- Come closer to some people
- Move away from some people (urgently!)
- Watch and read 50 classics
- Listen to more music
- Learn to bartend
- Master 3 signature dishes
- Float a message in a bottle
- Or maybe find one?
- Do all the good deeds I keep thinking of
- Own a fruit orchard–in Scotland!
- Spend a whole month on Ireland’s Antrim Coast
- Be lost in London, minus cellphone
- Tour at least 10 countries with unpronounceable names
- Make someone’s day–every single day!