START A PETITION 27,000,000 members: the world's largest community for good

The Worst Sources of Aspartame

The Worst Sources of Aspartame

Aspartame, the not-so-natural sugar substitute linked to a host of negative health effects from headaches to cancer, is found in a lot of products that you might not suspect. Check out the top 10 offenders below.

Graphic via Natural News

Scary Sweetener Haunted by Ugly Past
13 Scary Food Additives to Avoid
Dangers of Diet Soda

Read more: Basics, Diet & Nutrition, Drinks, Eating for Health, Food, Health, ,

have you shared this story yet?

go ahead, give it a little love

Healthy Living Editors

Healthy Living offers more than 10,000 ways for you to improve your life, your home, your community, and even the world. From the latest healthy and green news to simple DIY tips, our informative and inspirational content empowers you to make a difference.


+ add your own
8:04AM PDT on Mar 27, 2013

I avoid aspartame, thank you

4:14AM PDT on Mar 27, 2013

Thank you Healthy Living Editors for Sharing this!

6:58PM PST on Jan 20, 2013


9:54PM PST on Jan 14, 2013

Thank you for sharing this. It's in so many things, and it is the only thing I am allergic to, so far.

9:49PM PST on Jan 14, 2013

Thanks! Try to avoid all artificial sweeteners at all costs

9:04AM PDT on Oct 28, 2012

Thank you

7:22AM PDT on Oct 28, 2012

I try to avoid aspartame at all times.

3:49PM PDT on Oct 8, 2012

prefer sugar, but they keep putting it in more and more foods because people want low calorie, low fat stuff

1:15PM PDT on Oct 4, 2012

Artificial flavor enhancing things can legally be hidden from labeling.
The old rule was,
"a food manufacturer is allowed to put up to 90% of an ingredient called [insert something--could be anything], and never disclose what that is; the other 10% of that ingredient must be disclosable to customers, however, not if it is "proprietary".

Since makers of Aspartame recently got special permission allowing them to put their newer product, "Neotame" into foods WITHOUT disclosing it at all, THAT paves the way for all food growers and manufacturers to include ANYthing they wish, into our foods, and not disclose anything--at huge cost-savings for them, since flavor enhancers cover up poor food quality, and not having to label what's in it, can be a great savings for industry.

NOW, especially, since exec from Monsanto got appointed to the FDA governance, it's
the foxes guarding the already badly compromised henhouse!

We've been harmed by foods being treeated with low-levels of radiation to kill germs.
The law phrased like: "ANY fresh produce that has been "processed" in any way [which includes "field-washing"--that is dunking the fresh-picked produce into a bucket of water at the edge of the field it grew in], can then be irradiated, and NOT disclose that it has been exposed to any radiation source".
Irradiation, like microwaves to cook our food [that's a whole 'nuther issue!],
destroys and denatures nutrients, creating "frankenfoods" that no longer decay = em

4:07AM PDT on Oct 4, 2012

read the labels there are a lot of hidden chemicals.

add your comment

Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.

people are talking

None of the guys I dated looked anything alike. Don't have any idea what that means, but they had s…

Those ice luminaries are pretty at any time of year. You can freeze leaves/berries/flowers in to s…

I sleep 10 to 12 hours, sometimes in one block and sometimes with a break of several hours in betwee…


Select names from your address book   |   Help

We hate spam. We do not sell or share the email addresses you provide.

site feedback


Problem on this page? Briefly let us know what isn't working for you and we'll try to make it right!