In these often-dreary final days of winter, we could all use a little uplift! Here are eight easy ways to use pure, n/atural scent around your home to energize and uplift your mood.
There are six essential oils known to be both energizing and mood-elevating. Find out what they are and how to use them to make a difference in the atmosphere that everyone will feel, right here:
ENERGIZING and UPLIFTING Essential Oils
Balsam pine – clean, purifying, vitality-promoting
Lemon – uplifting, anti-depressant
Orange – mood-elevating
Peppermint – refreshing, mental stimulant
Rosemary – invigorating
Thyme – refreshing, purifying, herbal, peppery (caution: this oil may produce a burning sensation on the skin)
How to Use Essential Oils in Your Home
1. Place a few drops on the following warm “pulse points” of your home:
light bulbs (be sure to apply when the bulb is cool; the scent will be released as the bulb warms)
sunny window sills
2. Dilute a few drops of oil water and spray on your bed sheets, upholstery, carpets, etc.
3. Use a few drops of oil in the bath; the scent will linger
4. Rub a few drops into terra cotta flowerpots, wooden table or chair legs, and other semi-porous surfaces
5. Anoint candles with essential oils
6. Choose incense scented with essential oils
7. Place a few drops in a ceramic diffuser
8. Simmer a few drops in a pot of water on the stove
By Annie B. Bond
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.