Watercress Salad with Strawberries
Slightly-bitter watercress goes beautifully with the sweetness of strawberries. Add some nuts for protein and crunch, and you are in business! You can make the dressing 2-3 days in advance, if you like, to save yourself some time on Easter Sunday.
- 4 cups of watercress
- 3 cups of lettuce, chopped – choose whatever is fresh and seasonal where you are
- 4 cups of strawberries, sliced, with stems removed
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
In a large serving bowl, toss together the watercress, lettuce, strawberries, and onions. Top with the almonds
Combine the vinegar, oil, shallot, garlic, salt, and pepper in your blender, and blend until smooth.
Serve the salad, passing the dressing alongside.
Next>> Roasted Spring Root Vegetables
Image Credit: Creative Commons photo by simpleprovisions