5. Easy Asian Slaw
It’s cabbage season! Put those cruciferous veggies to work in a peanutty slaw!
- 1 head of cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1/3 cup unsweetened, natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons mirin, a Japanese cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons organic low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
In a large bowl, toss the cabbage and onion.
In a smaller bowl, mix all of the remaining ingredients, whisking until the peanut butter is completely dissolved. Toss the dressing with the cabbage mixture, and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes, or until you’re ready to serve.
photo by Becky Striepe